Thursday 20 April 2017

Spring is blossoming ...

Hello lovelies,

Well how did we get past Easter already? I was pretty restrained this year, only 1 chocolate egg...we won't count the handful of mini's snaffled in between digging rows for spuds last weekend.

It's been a busy ole time here at OSHQ, what with feature interviews, awards, new stockists and a heap of events, my head is in a bit of a spin. I have a fresh pot of chocolate tea (courtesy of Rosie Lea Tea) and I have my typing fingers primed to tell you all about it, so here we go...

First up, I was delighted to have a 'Meet The Maker' feature over on the Natural Wedding Company blog last month. read all about it here or click the image below.



If you've not heard of them before, do go and check out their beautiful Wedding Directory of eco-friendly small businesses who can help with all the doings when planning your wedding day., helping to make it extra special with one off pieces, customisable gifts and even bespoke rings, take a peep.

On a 'Meet the Maker' theme, back at the end of March, I attended a Trade Event hosted by Northumberland County Council in Hexham, a beautiful traditional market town here in Northumberland, 'Meet the Maker / Meet the Buyer' is an opportunity to bring together local makers, artists and producers with buyers from gift shops, galleries, local guest houses, hotels and independent retailers with the intention to network and drum up some trade agreements. It's never really my thing putting myself infront of someone and saying 'Here...buy my stuff' but sometimes it just has to be done, so with brave girl pants on, I went, set up stall and pitched my wares...I was absolutely bowled over to have come away with the 'Best Stand' award for the day!! With over 120 stalls, all beautifully presented, I was quite speechless, blushing and wibbly after that! You'll spot me I'm sure...*runs and hides behind a cushion* . See the video of the event below.


 

In all the whirlwind of the last month's events ranging from the 'First Friday Steamer' set inside Newcastle Central Station, a regular art based event I'm attending each month, a Beekeeping conference,  2 days Rival Arts Spring Fair at Ushaw College near Durham, 2 days The Designer Maker's Market down in Barnard Castle and coming up this weekend, the Hexham Spring Festival, I've had open studio's too, running over the Easter Holidays, so needless to say I'm looking forwards to a little day or two of rest soon.


If you've not been able to catch me at my events, the website is always open in within easy reach 24 / 7. It's had a little facelift too (a natural one of course), Feel free to take a peek at the new digital products and custom wedding favours query form...oohhh!! 


I'm also really excited to tell you about some new stockists of my soaps and bathtime treats around the North and East too, I was delighted to have a request from the Kagyu Dechon Dzong Buddhist Centre in Harrogate a few weeks ago, so now you can pick up some of my fragrant lovelies if you're there for a drop in meditation class, sounds pretty perfect to me...





From Harrogate in North Yorkshire to Alnwick in the North of Northumberland, I'm also absolutely chuffed to be sending soap to play with George and Piglet who are opening a new vintage venture up there very soon, I can't wait to see what they have in store. I met the two ladies who own George and Piglet last year at an event up in Rothbury, they have a keen eye for the quirky and beautiful, so I think Alnwick will be in for a treat!



And finally..I'm delighted to let you know I'm supplying stock to the Allendale Forge Studios as of next week. I'm coming full circle a little as I used to have soap on their shelves back in 2012. Since then The Forge has undergone a big change and now has lots more options for artists and makers, and I'm delighted to be back on board. I'll have a few shelves in the shop or display space to begin with and hope to introduce more work as time goes on, maybe even some of my original eco - prints and silk scarves at some stage, watch this space.


Well, I think that's it for now, I hope you've enjoyed catching up, I hope you check back with the blog soon, and do feel free to share it amongst friends.

Enjoy the last of the Easter break if you're one of the lucky ones to be off.

TTFN,

Ceri
x









No comments:

Post a Comment